At this year’s E3 presentation, Nintendo gave fans a more detailed look into its latest game to feature mascot plumber Mario. While fans only saw glimpses of the title in a sizzle reel for the new Nintendo Switch, including the appearance of properly-proportioned humans living in a New York City-inspired area known as “New Donk City,” its latest video features over 150 seconds of footage.
The video opens with a long shot of a luxurious grass field, with a waterfall flowing in the background. A series of heavy thuds can be heard, sending a flock of birds flying away as the thuds continue and the camera zooms back to reveal a T-Rex tromping through. As the dinosaur turns around and issues a cry, the camera shows Mario’s signature red cap, with eyes, atop the T-Rex’s head; a moment later, Mario bursts forth with a “woo-hoo!” What follows next is a series of clips from the impending 3D platformer.
- Mario is shown riding around the streets of New Donk City in a yellow scooter.
- Mario running across a field of white and black as a full moon shines ominously in the night sky.
- Mario abandoning his normal clothes for a poncho and sombrero in an arid desert laden with stone ruins.
- More footage of the dinosaur world shown at the start, with water cascading through the ribcage of a triceratops fossil.
- A shot of Bowser in a matching white suit and top hat with Princess Peach held captive under in one of his arms.
- More evidence that the weird hat-creature prevalent throughout Super Mario Odyssey’s media can assume a variety of hat forms. Furthermore, the hat can be used as either a short-range projectile attack or to possess and control various creatures and objects.
While Super Mario Odyssey is currently without a rating from the ESRB, it will likely follow other Mario titles and be rated “E for Everyone.”